Easter Holiday - activities

What to see, what to do, where to go
Stidbolt family

Post by Stidbolt family »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 13 March 2003

We are a family of 5, Kids 17,14,10. What to do? when not at beach, any suggestions. Does not have to be too expensive!
Jill Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Jill Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 13 March 2003

Hire a jeep and explore this beautiful island. Have a great time!
Jill Wooler
www.myTobago.info
Stidbolt family

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 14 March 2003

What about Sailing, as we are keen ocean sailors, KiteSailing Clinics? Beach Volleyball? We are living at Plantation Beach Villas, do anyone know anything about what to do around that place. Is it possible to have a jogging work out in the early morning along the beach from where we stay at?
Tanja Mohammed

Post by Tanja Mohammed »

For sailing, you have just a few choices: Natural Mystic (trimaran), they have sailings on almost every day, their email contact is [email protected], Kalina Cats (catamaran) is only operating on private charter basis for the time being, check Steve [email protected].

We also have contacts to sailing yachts (which could accommodate up to 4 adults) and would be pleased to make arrangements for you [email protected]

Platation Beach Villas is a very nice place to stay, beautiful beach ideal for jogging in the morning (also try Turtle Beach, Great Courland Bay, for jogging). For kite surfing you could check World of Watersports located at Pigeon Point, their contact is [email protected] Can't say much about beach volleyball, you sometimes see people at Pigeon Point playing beach volleyball (however, I haven't been there for quite some time so I am not sure if they still do it there).

Regards
Stidbolt family

Thank's Tanja. Do you know of any restaurants in walking distance from the Villas? As I have heard that driving in the dark is a bit hazardious!!
Tanja Mohammed

Post by Tanja Mohammed »

Hi there again, there are some nice restaurants not too far away: Seahorse Inn, Indigo, another superb one is located in the Stonehaven Villas (called Pavillion if I remember it correctly). Driving in the night is not really that bad, really (at least no more dangerous than anywhere else), but with a vehicle there are numerous other restaurants within 5 to 110 minutes drive away: Black Rock Cafe in Black Rock Under the Mango Tree, Black Rock MeShells Buccoo (not inside the village, corner Shirvan & Old Buccoo Roads) Shirvan Watermill at Shirvan Road to name just a few Hope this helps

Regards

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”