Flights to Tobago

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Tony Gibson

Flights to Tobago

Post by Tony Gibson »

We are trying to book a holiday in April 2007, and want to book the flights, howfar in advance of traveling do most people book the flights?

Tony
Sally Hudson

Post by Sally Hudson »

Dear Tony,
I booked our flights for February 2007 one month ago. The fuel surcharge has already risen by £25 per person since then and I would think that it will probably rise quite a bit more yet, so I'd say book as soon as possible. The other thing is, if you're not tied exactly to certain dates, look at the variation in the prices throughout April - it can make a big difference!
Sally
Tony Gibson

booking flight to tobago

Post by Tony Gibson »

Can you quote who you went through, I am trying Flight Republic & Caribean gold but getting an answer is frustrating.
Sally Hudson

Post by Sally Hudson »

Hi Tony,
I booked direct with XL.com. If you put in the basic dates you are thinking of it comes up with the price for economy and excel one. It also has a calendar with flight days marked and if you click on them it comes up with all the alternative prices.
Sally
ps You can also prebook seats together at the same time - it's only about £10 each
Tony Gibson

Post by Tony Gibson »

Thanks Sally, I hope you enjoy your holliday.
PS, Where are staying, if we can get the flights booked we are planing on Alibabas Sea breeze Ap-
Sally Hudson

Post by Sally Hudson »

We're staying at Castara Retreats. We've just got back from our first visit there and it was amazing.
Hope you enjoy yourselves.
Sally
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hello Tony,I book as far in advance as possible,on line with Virgin.Booking on line also gives you seat selection and an extra discount.This year I paid £538 for premium return(plus taxes of course!).The other advantage is that if you pay in advance you avoid any hikes in taxes or surcharge--a disadvantage is you cannot get a refund if you cancel.
David(96 dtg :D )
R Shah

Post by R Shah »

Hi, both BA and Virgin also fly to Tobago. At certain points during the year both of them will have fare sales, where the prices can be very cheap, and booking is only required a month in advance.

For example, recently BA had a very good fare sale, with availability a month before travel up to the end of the year.

Historically the airlines have sales around September, a smaller one in November and then one around January (however I'm not saying this will stay the same this time round).
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

from the accommodation point of view you should book soon and get your booking done. otherwise you might not be able to get your dream place to stay!
and it is a bit risky to book a place and have no flight yet, isn't it?!
enjoy your holiday
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Tony Gibson

flights to Tobago

Post by Tony Gibson »

She wants to get married out there now, so I am trying to see if I can afford it.
( Is it very easy to hide in the rain forest, it is an option )javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

it is beautiful to get mearried here, so it is an option not to hide as well :wink:

STEPHANIE
Tony Gibson

Post by Tony Gibson »

It was soposed to be my birthday present, I hit 50 next year, I tried it once and I am still paying for it.
( I am trying to supprise her )
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

Ok, so you still have the forest then... :lol:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

I did it twice and it cost me a fortune!Then I came to Tobago!!!!It doan matter.
Enjoy your 50th--give her the ring the next time you are in Tobago!
David :D
Tony Gibson

Post by Tony Gibson »

javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Shocked
I have gone for it, did not even have a drink first :!:
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

Regarding special offers on flights!

In the Daily Mail today, Virgin Atlantic are offering flights to Tobago for travel between 1st Sept 2006 and 30th November 2006 from £319 return per person. Bookings have to be made by midnight on Tuesday 29th August. (It's a special deal in conjunction with the Daily Mail.)

Hope this helps you lucky people that can travel during this period!

Jane

PS I don't work for Virgin or the Daily Mail!!!

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”